[PD-dev] help compiling pd 0.43 on Windows 7

Menno van der Woude mennowo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:55:20 CET 2011

Using the new method does get me through configure, thank you. I
followed the online instuctions for vanilla, sorry for not checking
the included readme.

Upon the 'make' command, the build process starts, however quite soon
exits. First there are a number of invalid conversions, eg. from
'void*' to 'PaWinMmeStreamInfo'. Then make exits with:

make[2]: *** [libportaudio_la-pa_pa_win_wmme.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/Menno/pd-0.43-0/portaudio'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/Menno/

Then after adding the option --disable-portaudio to ./configure and
doing 'make clean' and then again make, there are similar errors, now
with 'po' and 'g_canvas'.
I am not sure if using cygwin would be better than MSYS, because
cygwin gives errors before anythings happens, I think it cannot find
the compiler.
Will later try to build pd-extended to see if that goes more easily.

Bye, menno