[PD-dev] help compiling pd 0.43 on Windows 7

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:38:33 CET 2011

Hello,

Last weekend a friend and I were trying to build double-precision
vanilla Pd (Pd-double) with MinGW. After many troubles not to mention
here I remembered about makefile.mingw which is in the src/ dir of the
distributions. This gave us a build of Pd-double. But it could not
start because of missing standard c or cpp libs. I had seen that
before when compiling [soundtouch~] with MinGW. There's flags
-static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++, or you can include .dll's.
Anyhow, I did 'make -f makefile.mingw clean' and compiled again, but
now suddenly missing files.... Those files must have been there while
the first build succeeded, no? I'll give it another try soon.

Katja