[PD-dev] managing unit tests in SVN

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 00:48:50 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> I think the test abstractions should probably be distributed as a regular library, and
> included in Pd-extended.

That is easier to manage indeed. So you would have
externals/unittests/ with abstractions, and dirs like
externals/creb/unittests/ with the actual tests, only working when the
unittest lib is loaded. With the unit tests being dependent on a
unittests lib, there should be a readme in each lib's unittests/
subdir about that. Additional unit test abstractions could be
developed, for example to test objects with symbol output messages.
But wait, does it all make sense.... The unit tests are in SVN, but
not included in the build packages. Why have externals/unittest/ lib
then? Or is it your intention to include unit tests in the distributed
builds as well?

Katja