[PD-dev] some tclpd questions/comments

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Nov 7 23:25:50 CET 2011

I'm just trying my hand at writing my first tclpd library, 'tclfile', which is basically all of the individual subcommands of Tcl's 'file' command broken out as separate objects.  This has given rise to a couple questions/comments:

- do I need to use proc+ or can I just use proc?

- it seems like the 'constructor' proc is the same as Pd's setup() function.  If so, I think it should also be called 'setup'.

- is there an 0_anything/A_GIMME proc that can be used?

- multi-level namespaces to represent library and classname?  Something like tclfile/mkdir would be tclfile::mkdir and have tclfile::mkdir::constructor.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler