[PD-dev] getting double fixes into extra/

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 10 18:21:15 CET 2011

On Nov 10, 2011, at 12:16 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-11-10 17:57, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> That is 'make install' doing that, not 'make'.  'make install' is only supposed to install the files, not generate them.
>
> indeed.
> "make" generated the .d_fat files, and "make install" copied them to
> location i pointed you too, so you can see that the files have been
> generated.

There are no .d_fat files here:
https://160.79.59.149:8443/job/pure-data/all=macosx105/ws/extra/

or here:

https://160.79.59.149:8443/job/pure-data/all=macosx105/ws/extra/bonk~/

Only pd~.d_fat gets generated by 'make'.  Shall I file a bug report?

>> And it should really use .pd_darwin.  There is no reason to have multiple file endings in Mac OS X, the universal file format handles that.
>
> indeed there is no reason, hence i use .d_fat which i think has been the
> default for Pd for years.

Currently the only thing that is released as .d_fat is the Pd vanilla extra files.  Everything else uses .pd_darwin, even Gem ;)