[PD-dev] getting double fixes into extra/

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:06:56 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> Even better would be to fix the new build system.  One of the reasons I removed extra/ from Pd-extended and made it a separate library is because of the brokenness of the build system.

For the moment, I abuse the Pd-extended package build system to
produce a properly working vanilla Pd-double. The target
'darwin_app_core' seems to build pd-extended/extra/, or in my case
pd-double/extra/. Not pd-svn/externals/extra/, I know because this
code does not yet compile in double precision. O yeah, there's one
thing to remember when hacking this way: the script changes the
PD_TEST_VERSION definition in m_pd.h.

Via this build, using the regular helpfiles, I've checked that all
'extra' objects appear to work normally in double precision now. A
single precision build was checked earlier. I've pushed the latest
changes to the pd-double github. Since all changes to the extra's are
fairly trivial (float to t_float or t_sample mostly), I don't think
that more detailed tests are needed here for single precision case.
For double precision, the [expr] family should be tested more
thoroughly someday, but this need not prevent us from submitting a
patch for pure-data.git now.

Katja