[PD-dev] unittests and template Makefile merging

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 17 15:48:56 CET 2011

On Nov 17, 2011, at 6:24 AM, katja wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:34 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:
>
>> I incorporated your unittests changes into the template Makefile, that should make it easier to update the Makefiles of any lib you are adding unittests too.
>
> Thanks. I'd already hacked a simple patch file from the diff between
> old and new smlib Makefile, to patch the non-user section of any
> template-style Makefile. This seems to work well but I don't know
> where to store that patch file in svn.

The problem there is that it then is a version out of sync with the template because it'll have some features of 1.0.12, but not all.  If you want to keep doing it that way, I just ask that you mark the version at the top of the Makefile something like 1.0.9-unittests

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.