[PD-dev] help compiling pd 0.43 on Windows 7

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 23:12:23 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> I think Miller doesn't use MinGW, so building vanilla on Windows is probably easiest using MSVC like he does.  Pd-extended builds nightly (when the server is up) using the pd/src/makefile.mingw.

Oow, I was in the assumption that 'new build system' was the preferred
way for autobuilds. Well then I have to make it work with
makefile.mingw. One purpose of my pathetic efforts is to get pd-double
built this way so we can have pd-double-extended test builds for
windows one day.

It's so weird that makefile.mingw doesn't create
makefile.dependencies, it only re-creates an empty
makefile.dependencies when performing a clean. So I have to fool it
with a dummy. Is there a better way to get this working? On OSX by the
way, makefile.dependencies is always created with 'old build system',
but it's empty sometimes, and filled with paths other times. In both
cases the build will work. What is this mysterious behaviour?

Makefile.mingw for vanilla seems to be outdated, some elements from
makefile.mingw for pd-extended have to be incorporated to make it
work. When s_utf8.c is added to SRC, and -lpthreadGC2 is replaced by
-lpthread in LIBS, a build is at least produced. Is -lpthread
compatible with the windows autobuild configuration?

Is there a way to produce a 'local build' somehow with makefile.mingw?
Like 'old build system' can do it without install, and 'new build
system' can do it with option --prefix for configure?

Katja