[PD-dev] help compiling pd 0.43 on Windows 7

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:29:21 CET 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> The new build system doesn't need the makefile.dependencies, and that
> has always been a bit of a mystery.

Ah, so I'm not the only one being puzzled, happy you say so. I'm
intensely frustrated after spending five days to get things working
with mingw. Todays it's like this: when compiling pd-double with
makefile.mingw, makefile.dependencies does actually get produced, but
then comes 'no rule to make am--refresh. Stop.' when entering extra/.
No clue how to solve that again. Writing or fixing C code is easy pie
compared to handling the GNU build tools. It is a miracle how you guys
manage to produce all those pd-extended builds. Well I should probably
read the f. manual, it's too complex to hack ur way through it.
Another pit stop on the way to pd-double.

Katja