[PD-dev] [PD] pd at startup creates 2 canvases, why?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sun Dec 11 20:27:53 CET 2011

> The OS releases all the memory allocated by the process when it
> terminates, so no.

OK, however, in pd-l2ork I am currently building infinite undo which
will be a doubly-linked list linked to a canvas. So, if I am going to
instantiate it dynamically, once the program exits are all these dynamic
things taken care of? I think not. Otherwise, why would we need
destructors in the first place if the os takes care of it all (other
than eventually running out of memory)? Even vanilla canvas has
dynamically allocated list that is destructed upon closing the patch but
this is not the case with the two invisible canvases...