[PD-dev] broken msgs cause Tcl traces, how to debug it?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Jan 26 19:42:30 CET 2012

Le 2012-01-23 à 18:57:00, mescalinum at gmail.com a écrit :

> moreover, one should not trust [info complete] as an oracle knowing
> exactly where a Tcl command ends and another begins. it just checks for
> unbalanced brackets/quotes [1].

Right. But if only reading complete lines, then a trailing backslash is a
sign of an incomplete command. Apparently, [info complete \\] returns 1.

> think about:  .x8763 configure -text blah \n -command {blah…}
> [info complete ".x8763 configure -text blah"] would return 1,
> resulting in the evaluation of "-command {blah…}" as a separate
> command".

But a \n wouldn't happen there, it would be a \\\n, I mean a single
backslash immediately followed by a newline, or else the whole thing would
be enclosed in more braces, brackets or quotes.