[PD-dev] float handling in [binfile] for UTF-8 handling

Bryan Jurish moocow.bovine at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:16:52 CET 2012

On 2012-01-31 09:41, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2012-01-31 00:52, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> That does make more sense, so something like [bytes2utf8], etc.
>
> utf8 is always a list of bytes.
> if you get values >255 than it is not utf-8; do you mean unicode points?

Assumedly.  There's already [wchars2bytes] in pdstring, which will
convert wchar_t codepoints to a locale-dependent byte-string, but this
is very system dependent.  the function u8_toucs() from s_utf8.c should
perform *exactly* a unicode-codepoint-string to utf8-byte-string
conversion; the function u8_wc_toutf8() converts a single (unicode)
character.

marmosets,
	Bryan

[apologies for multiple posts; i'm still redistributing my email accounts]

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
moocow.bovine at gmail.com         -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology