[PD-dev] Questions concerning library template

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Fri Feb 3 23:17:22 CET 2012

Hello,

I have just tried to compile and load the latest version of PuREST JSON
in Windows. Compilation is no problem, and I have copied the resulting
files to %PROGRAM FILES%\pd\extra\purest_json\ including
libpurest_json.dll, but the loader cannot find this dll, see
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/issues/7

Any idea, why this is the case? Do I need to copy this dll somewhere else?

Another issue I am currently working on:
Unicode in JSON, where json-c has a bug in the released version
(https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/issues/5). Instead of waiting
for json-c to be released with this bug fixed, I could change all
unicode characters to lowercase. Is there an easy way to do this,
basically replacing stuff like "\u00E7" with "\u00e7". Regex? (how in
C?) Seems like my high-level knowledge is not enough for that.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas
--
"From the perspective of communication analysis, government is not
an instrument of law and order, but of law and disorder." (Gracchus