[PD-dev] libpng12 fix for gridflow.pd_darwin

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Feb 11 18:16:25 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-11 à 11:31:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> I just tried loading gridflow 9.13 on Pd-extended 0.43 on Mac OS X
> 10.6.8, and it couldn't load because it was looking for libpng12.0.dylib
> inside of Pd-extended.  The included dylibs are automatically included
> based on what the included objects are linked to, so they are not good
> to rely on, because they can change in a given version.

GridFlow 9.13 binaries for OSX already comes with libpng12.dylib.

GridFlow 9.13 source is slightly older, and doesn't include some fixes
that I made when I built the binary package.

I should really, really release the 9.14 source...

> So you can easily include libpng12.0.dylib in your gridflow package, here's how:

It's been like that in SVN for no less than 12 months.

I also vaguely remember trying to compile with libpng14 at first, but that
must have been an older story... I don't remember what had gone wrong. It
seems that either would work with GF (as long as libpng12 is recent
enough), but the headers have to match the lib.