[PD-dev] libpng12 fix for gridflow.pd_darwin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Feb 11 20:18:46 CET 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:16 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2012-02-11 à 11:31:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
>> I just tried loading gridflow 9.13 on Pd-extended 0.43 on Mac OS X 10.6.8, and it couldn't load because it was looking for libpng12.0.dylib inside of Pd-extended.  The included dylibs are automatically included based on what the included objects are linked to, so they are not good to rely on, because they can change in a given version.
>
> GridFlow 9.13 binaries for OSX already comes with libpng12.dylib.
>
> GridFlow 9.13 source is slightly older, and doesn't include some fixes that I made when I built the binary package.
>
> I should really, really release the 9.14 source...
>
>> So you can easily include libpng12.0.dylib in your gridflow package, here's how:
>
> It's been like that in SVN for no less than 12 months.
>
> I also vaguely remember trying to compile with libpng14 at first, but that must have been an older story... I don't remember what had gone wrong. It seems that either would work with GF (as long as libpng12 is recent enough), but the headers have to match the lib.

I just downloaded gridflow-9.13-macosx104-i386.tar.gz and it was looking for libpng12 at @executable_path/../../lib/libpng.12.0.dylib.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler