[PD-dev] libpng12 fix for gridflow.pd_darwin

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Feb 14 05:20:13 CET 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 11:05 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2012-02-11 à 14:18:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>
>> I just downloaded gridflow-9.13-macosx104-i386.tar.gz and it was looking for libpng12 at @executable_path/../../lib/libpng.12.0.dylib.
>
> I don't know what happened... the current script gridflow/bin/build_osx_package uses
>  install_name_tool -change $LIB $BUNDLED_PREFIX/$FILENAME
>  where BUNDLED_PREFIX="/Library/Pd/gridflow/libs"
>
> And I just looked at the same script in 9.13 and 9.12 tarballs and they do the same.
>
> I don't know what is @executable_path... nor how to set it, or not set it.

@executable_path is a variable, you just literally use that string, and the OS will replace it with the path to the executable of the program that's loading the dylib.  Basically, that's /Applications/Pd-extended/Contents/Resources/bin.

Then there is @loader_path, which I think is more useful.  That's the path that a given dylib is being loaded from, so in the case of gridflow.pd_darwin that would be replaced with ~/Library/Pd, or /Library/Pd or whatever.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.