[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-3487549 ] inlets for setting window size and period in env~

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 14 14:05:12 CET 2012

Feature Requests item #3487549, was opened at 2012-02-14 05:05
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478073&aid=3487549&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Even if one doesn't need to actually change them at any time, being able to set them at runtime through inlets is absolutely necessary if one wants them to be computed as a function of some of the containing patch's creation arguments.

At least untill we will be able to write expressions in creation arguments that would be evaluated at creation time. (but even then, we won't be able to write _programs_ in creation arguments!)

Imagine for example you want to make an abstraction that computes the amplitude of the signal and takes an approximate RATE (analysis per second) as creation argument. You just can't.