[PD-dev] per-thread storage in Pd in support of pdlib - discussion?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:14:08 CET 2012

On 2/13/12, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> Do you understand what I say, or you just repeat what I was replying to ?

I thought I understood--was there something I missed?  The point of
the original remark is that you always lose some of your potential
computing power when trying to use multiple resources.  You contrast
with the capability of parallel computing to accomplish a certain
amount of work in less time.  I don't want to argue with you--these
are just the two sides of the coin.

> If it's not going to be read, I may as well not write it.

I had actually typed out and then deleted some more things about a
successful project that accelerated computing time from weeks to
hours, but I thought they were boring.  And then I was late for a
meeting with the same group I was about to write about!  Succeeding at
wasting my time indeed! -- Let's not make it parallel after all.