[PD-dev] iemnet classes not loading in current Pd-extended for Windows

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:24:07 CET 2012

Hi

In the latest (working) version of Pd-extended (2012-02-01) for Windows,
iemnet classes cannot be created. When creating

  [import iemnet]

  :tcpclient:  <- does not create

I get:

  C:\\Program Files\\pd-extended\\extra\\iemnet\\tcpclient.dll: couldn't load

which seems to indicate that the actual file is found, but cannot be
loaded for some other reason.

I found that I can force it to load by creating the following objects in
the given order:

  [import iemnet]

  :libiemnet:  <- doesn't create, but seems to load the dll

  [tcpclient]  <- now creates

I cannot tell whether it is a problem in the packaging of Pd-extended or
in the library itself. I hope the respective persons (Hans, IOhannes)
will figure that out.

Roman