[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3489062 ] problem with audio (asio?)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 18 19:10:26 CET 2012

Bugs item #3489062, was opened at 2012-02-18 10:10
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by jmmmp
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3489062&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In XP pd-ext 0.43 (build from yesterday), I get audio problems: trying to run with asio (as I always do with 0.42), the audio is very noisy. It sounds as if the audio isn't synced to the system card, or something. The sinus in the audio test patch has lots of irregular clicks, almost as if they would be dropouts.
This is with asio. With standard audio (MMIO) the result is much worse, but similar. Sometimes it sends messages as "can't synch audio".
Audio options are -asio -audioindev 2 -audiooutdev 2 -channels 2 -midiindev 1 -midioutdev 1 -audiobuf 40, and they always worked with previous versions of pd-ext.