[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3507717 ] Use with vlc blocks Pd

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 18 11:51:38 CET 2012

Bugs item #3507717, was opened at 2012-03-18 03:51
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by xeebee93
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3507717&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
pd-extended 0.43.1-extended-20120317
Tcl Version: 8.5.10
Operating system : Ubuntu Oneiric
CPU type (tested with 2 computers) : i386 (package : Ubuntu Oneiric i386) and amd64 (Debian/squeeze amd64 also calles debian stable)

jack :
Version: 0.3.8
Compilation: Jul 9 2011 09:51:20

Jack Messages window : ERROR: JackAudioDriver::ProcessGraphAsync: Process error

In Pd-extended on audio ON used with or without vlc :
	JACKerror: Cannot lock down memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
	JACKerror: Cannot use real-time scheduling (RR/5)(1: Operation not permitted)
	JACKerror: JackClient::AcquireSelfRealTime error

When vlc is playing or pause, Pd is blocked. So I must kill the process to stop it. It happens only with vlc as far as I know because it works with SMplayer (Mplayer) and Hydrogen Drum machine playing.
I tested with higher latency like 100ms and 200ms but it doesn't work ever with vlc.