[PD-dev] compiling to DSP processor?

Damian Stewart damian.ml at frey.co.nz
Mon Apr 2 14:04:36 CEST 2012

hi alls,

i'm investigating possibilities for a general purpose audio hardware device based on a DSP chip.

i know about Pd-anywhere and Hans-Christoph Steiner's efforts to get Pd to run on older devices. this is not my goal here as i'd like to avoid having to load an entire operating system, if possible; i really just need the DSP code and a way of running it on a DSP chip.

is there any way of getting Pd to compile patches internally to some kind of DSP machine code, for example for something like a TI C5x?

if not, does anyone know of anything vaguely similar that might get me partway along to this goal? it doesn't have to load Pd patches necessarily, but there are obvious benefits to being able to do that :-)

cheers
damian
damian stewart . @damian0815 .  damian at frey.co.nz
frey .  contemporary art .  http://www.frey.co.nz