[PD-dev] macosx104-powerpc is online

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Apr 5 23:25:21 CEST 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 2:18 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2012-04-05 20:10, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to Greg Pond, we now have a macosx104-powerpc box online and running builds via jenkins and the Pd-extended auto-build script.  The whole Fink setup is still building, so that's not in place yet.
>>
>> But now this leads to the question: do we want to maintain things on Mac OS X 10.4?  I think we can build easier on 10.5, and it'll still run on 10.4 or maybe even older.  We could have this build server running Mac OS X 10.5 instead of 10.4.
>>

> do we have a 10.5 powerpc machine?
>
> personally, i'm more interested in powerpc than 10.4

Me too.  The 10.4 powerpc machine can possibly be converted to 10.5, I'm asking.

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson