[PD-dev] Pd 0.43 and jack

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:53:47 CEST 2012

Hi all

Since 0.43 Pd's behavior as jack client has changed. With 0.43 every
time when DSP is turned on, two new threads are started and only then Pd
appears as a jack client. When turning DSP off again, the threads are
stopped and the pd as jack client disappears.

This is annoying for two reason:

* Starting and stopping DSP is very slow now

* All connections made in qjackctl are lost, when turning DSP off

As a side effect of this, Pd often hangs after turning DSP on, a
situation which can be only handled by restarting Pd completely.

I wholeheartedly wish the old behavior back and I wonder how others feel
about it. Is there any advantage in the new behavior I don't see?

Roman