[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3522945 ] TCL error while drawing graph with "create line"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed May 2 10:30:01 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3522945, was opened at 2012-05-02 01:30
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by elmex
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3522945&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
Pd-0.43.1 ("extended-20120424") compiled 10:32:22 Apr 24 2012
on squeeze/sid Debian GNU/Linux AMD64

I'm getting this error while writing values to an array/graph with tabwrite:

   (Tcl) UNHANDLED ERROR: wrong # coordinates: expected an even number, got 91
       while executing
   ".xf25d70.c create line \
   24 330.000000 \
   26 330.000000 \
   28 330.000000 \
   30 330.000000 \
   32 330.000000 \
   34 330.000000 \
   36 330.000000 \
   38 330.000000..."
       ("uplevel" body line 3)
       invoked from within
   "uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"

I've attached a .pd patch that reproduces the error here directly after loading
(loadbang is wired to start dsp and the patch).

I believe, TCL does not like getting these "numbers" on "create line":

   115 -inf \
   117 -inf \
   119 -inf \
   121 -inf \
   123 -inf \
   125 -inf \
   127 -inf \
   129 -inf \

If this is the case, and the Pd "backend" sends these "numbers" to the TCL
frontend, and that is what is causing the problems, then I would expect either
the frontend ignoring these numbers and assume some other kind of maximum. OR the
backend prevents sending this in the first place. At least I would expect no
TCL error, as these kinds of errors make the UI more or less unusable.