[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3525616 ] data-structure bug/ feature??

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 10 22:08:56 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3525616, was opened at 2012-05-10 13:08
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3525616&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello, (it's pd0.42.5 on windows)
I tried to make some GUI-abstractions with the [struct]-stuff, and when looking at the parents savefile I noticed that the abstractions "drawings and stuff like that" are saved inside there as well...
To be more prcise there is something added like: "#N struct ..."
Now is it a bug or a feature (and why) ?

I guess it's a bug since I used "$0" inside the [struct]. This is saved as eg. "#N struct 1004structname ..." (not ... \$0structname ..) into the master-patch. Now if I open several of these masterpatches at once and save "not the first one" the text in the savefile changes to eg. "#N struct 1007structname ...".
But on loading as the first one again nothing complains to be wrong.. ...so is it just suberfluous?!?

That's of course just a personal opinion, but I don't like the idea that "things" from inside an abstraction appear in the abstractions master-patch as well.

Btw. what does the "#N" stand for?? Or in general why is there a "prefix" like "#N" or "#X" ??

thanks & bye