[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3526671 ] ann library not recognized

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon May 14 21:02:05 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3526671, was opened at 2012-05-14 12:02
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by drumanart1
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3526671&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello.
I'm plan to use the ann "Neural Network" on my linux (Ubuntu onerirc).

The first thing is that I couldn't find the ann library in the pd-extended extra folder.
So I downloaded "ann"  from http://puredata.info/Members/dmorelli/ann/ann/
and I copied the unpacket folder to  /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra

Then I downloaded FANN-1.2.0-and compiled it with:
./configure
make
sudo make install
the library installed without showing any error.

then I went to:
/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/ann/src and removed -march=pentium3 from the makefile.

then I did:
make -f makefile.linux ann

Everything seemed to be fine, but pd want recognize the "ann_mlp" object.

Any suggsestion?
Thanks Martin