[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3561710 ] Need for SSE2 instructions??

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 25 16:56:02 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3561710, was opened at 2012-08-25 07:56
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3561710&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,
I just wonder if the [metro] needs to have "SSE2-code"?? As far as I tested this is the only object with SSE2-code in pd-0.43.x ?!?
..had some problems with [print], but they disappeared again..

Well I just ask, cause with pd-0.42.5 it was possible to make it run on a really oldschool machine!!!
It runs on a WIN98SE AMD1500Mhz (single-core) & onbord-sound with 12-16 ms latency (asio4all)! ..so it's a rather outdated, not-optimized-for-sound system... ...but it works like a charm! And it will works with even less I guess..

On the one hand it's good to make it run as fast as possible, on the other hand it's a good thing to make it run everywhere... The best thing would be to make [metro] (and other objects) check if it can run fast or if it only works in "compatibility-mode". ..or just set the whole pd to a "compatibility-mode" if needed...
Now, would this be alot of work??

Thx & bye