[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-3563340 ] a real "undo" instead of this one

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 30 17:08:55 CEST 2012

Feature Requests item #3563340, was opened at 2012-08-30 08:08
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478073&aid=3563340&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Since creationorder IS generally important, especially when concerning datastructures, I'd like to have a real "undo". For example if I delete something from my patch and click "undo" it will not be "undeleted" but it will be recreated - as if I would have done it manually! Thus changing the order of creation!!

So what we have now is not really an "undo" since the actual state is not restored.. This can lead to nasty bugs and confusion!! And it does - don't use undo, just to be on the safe side..

I actually I don't know how the patch-data is stored before it has been saved to harddisk, but it can't consume too much space, since the savefiles are not that big either..
So could one solution just be to "store" the last, say 50, steps one did in separate patches, as if one would have saved the patch to separate files after each step, and then reload the appropriate one on "undo-action"???