[PD-dev] [pd-dev] introduction and SVN write access

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Sep 24 01:19:49 CEST 2012

Hey Antoine,

Unfortunately, you just violated the most important rule of the pure-data SVN.  Even though you have technical permission to commit everywhere does not mean you have social permission to do so.  In other words, before committing to any part of the SVN that you yourself did not create, you need to communicate with the committers to that section first and get their permission to commit.  In general, unless you explicitly know what the rules are, ask on this list first.

With 40ish committers, different sections work on different rules.  Some people only want to accept submissions thru the patch trackers and others are much more open.  Cyrille is not a committer on externals/pix_opencv, so he can't give you permission to commit to that section.

So you need to contact the committers there, Yves, Lluis, and Sergi, and ask them how they want to work with your submissions.  And be prepared to revert the commits you just did.

.hc