[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-3573226 ] show # of [s]/[r]'s in subpatch on subpatch

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 30 18:24:43 CEST 2012

Feature Requests item #3573226, was opened at 2012-09-30 09:24
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478073&aid=3573226&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hey,
Here is another idea..
Since pd is a graphical programing software, why not make the "wlan-cables" :) visible as well.
Personally, I tend to not use [s]/[r]'s if possible, since one (at least me) forgets, where the objects have been placed, especially if one has highly  "nested" structures. ..But having nested structures is the only time when one rather needs [s]/[r]'s.
So, what's about indicating if there are [s]/[r]s somewhere inside the subpatch, on the subpatch-object or in the subpatch (on the subpatch-canvas)??
..Maybe something like a "shown-on-demand" list containing the [s]/[r]'s names.
..Or at least just a symbol (the letters "s" and/or "r" or a dot or whatever). Better than nothing!!!

PS: This sounds so easy, if I only could access some sort of savefile of a patch, without the need to save it (like in memory, or something - I'm not a hardcore-programmer) I could even analyse the file with pd itself, and draw something on the appropriate canvas via "dynamic-patching"...

Bye & I'd like to read of any resopnse... (just for the motivation)