[PD-dev] Pd-cvs Digest, Vol 92, Issue 2

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 16:16:22 CEST 2012

On 03/10/12 11:00, pd-cvs-request at iem.at wrote:
>      add -ffast-math flag to CC lines for linus and Mac

Have you checked that this is safe on all architectures?

IIRC, it optimizes with the assumption that everything is finite and not
NaN, among other things.

I know when I wrote 'tilde' (compiler from Pd dsp to C++), which
incidentally used 'double' all the way through, I couldn't always use
-ffast-math because it broke some patches very audibly.  I didn't have
time to debug the issue, so I just removed the flag globally.

https://gitorious.org/maximus/tilde
(currently unmaintained / dormant, but might still work)

Claude
--
http://mathr.co.uk