[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3528891 ] Fixing a few compiler warnings on OS X (LLVM)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 4 11:34:49 CEST 2012

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3528891&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: bugfix

Initial Comment:
A few very minor changes.

A couple of these fix pointer dereferencing which was subsequently not used (has no effect other than causing a warning with the LLVM compiler on OS X). The only important part is the advancing (++) of the pointers, which remains as it was. In the other case, an error() function with variable arguments was being printed using an uncontrolled format string (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncontrolled_format_string). In the context of the actual code, I don't think it actually is a safety issue -- but it does get rid of another compiler warning/error with the latest LLVM compiler.

This is my first (admittedly very minor) patch submission, I hope it's okay.  I had submitted a pull request on the libpd GitHub project, but they informed me it was better to apply it to the original Pd "vanilla" source, which they just bring over verbatim from time to time.