[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-3578019 ] I'd like to...

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 10:16:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 18/10/12 08:39, SourceForge.net wrote:
> Feature Requests item #3578019, was opened at 2012-10-18 00:39

It's already implemented...

> Submitted By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
>
> Initial Comment:
> ..know if it is possible to use other than "2^n"-blocksizes?!

Not for audio connected to a dac~, but for offline stuff it works (some
buggy objects might not cooperate).

> You know, I've read about that, and now I wonder if the info or the implementation is bugged..

Works for me following the somewhat-cryptic guidance in [switch~]'s
help, see attached.  Note that dsp must be on globally, but switched off
for the particular canvas, for this to make sense.  Also bang->switch~
seems to compute a dsp block immediately, so remember to use trigger
when applicable to initialise your signal objects in that patch.
Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have a small example somewhat along these
lines in the help patch.

Claude
--
http://mathr.co.uk