[PD-dev] non-2^n blocksizes (was Re: [ pure-data-Feature Requests-3578019 ] I'd like to...)

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 23 19:41:08 CEST 2012

On 10/23/2012 06:30 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> block sizes in subpatches are restricted to being a power of two multiple
> or submultiple of the containing patch.  So the only context in which a
> non-power-of-two blocksize is allowerd is if it's specified in the top-level
> patch.
>
> Then, of course, dac~ and adc~ will no longer work as they need block size of
> 64.

yes, i'm aware of that.
i only wanted to say that in real live, i haven't been able to construct
a patch that would do non-power-of-two processing, even if it was in a
top-level patch without any fancy input/output.
e.g. claude's example patch doesn't do non-power-of-two block-processing
but instead falls back to the next greater 2^n blocksize.

so if somebody (miller?) could post a simplistic patch that really does
block-processing with an odd number of samples, that would be great.

fgmadsr
IOhannes