[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-3579759 ] Ability to set application-wide I/O mappings

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 24 15:39:02 CEST 2012

Feature Requests item #3579759, was opened at 2012-10-24 06:39
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by postlude
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478073&aid=3579759&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:

The input / output channel numbers of adc~ and dac~ currently map directly to audio device channel numbers. It would be useful if there was an application-wide way to create a mapping between adc/dac channel numbers and audio device channel numbers.

In Max, this is achieved via a per-channel mapping (see attached screenshot). However, a simpler approach would be to allow a "DAC channel offset" and "ADC channel offset" to be specified in the Pd audio preferences dialog.

With a DAC channel offset of 0, then dac~ channel 1 would be mapped to audio device output channel 1. With a DAC channel offset of 8, then dac~ channel 1 would be mapped to audio device output channel 9.