[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3581737 ] OpenBSD support

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 6 13:45:14 CET 2012

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3581737&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
FIrst round of patches to add support for OpenBSD.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-11-06 04:45

Message:
I might be missing something but unless you add it manually I don't see
where configures adds the HAVE_XXX to CFLAGS unless you do it manually.

And src/makefile.in is processed by src/configure(.in) so only
../configure.ac and ../src/configure.in need to be modified.

<rant>
You have a pretty messed up build system.
</rant>

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2012-11-06 03:57

Message:
if the patch comes from git, then please create a branch, commit to that
and then create a patch-set using "git format-patch master".

as for the HAVE_ALLOCA_H: if you don't instruct configure to write defines
into config.h, it will add them to the CFLAGS, so that the compilation will
still work. thus, no need to change the build-system.
bear in mind though, that currently Pd uses to separate build-systems:
.../configure.ac and .../src/configure.in (and .../src/makefile.nt); you
might need to modify all 3 in order to get accepted (yes, it's a PITA)

Comment By: Federico Schwindt (fgsch)