[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3585461 ] [readsf~] loops some files

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 9 10:28:20 CET 2012

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3585461&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
>Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
some wav-files get looped when played back via [readsf~].

it seems that the problem is dues to the soundfile fitting exactly into the fifobuffer, thus the EOF (signalled by the read-thread) drain never really starts in the perform routine.
(fifohead==fifosize, so the test for  (!x_eof && x_fifohead >= x_fifotail && x_fifohead < x_fifotail + wantbytes-1) never triggers, resulting in a continuous drain of the entire buffer.

the attached soundfile triggers this behaviour.

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2012-11-08 13:11

Message:
attached is a simplistic attempt to fix the problem: if the
fifohead==fifosize, we wrap it to 0 even if we just read the last byte.
(originally this was only done if !EOF)