[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3578746 ] [bugfix]: non-2^n-BS bug

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 15 10:59:28 CET 2012

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3578746&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm really not a 'spammer'! ...nor a hypochondriac...
I've tested several versions of pd (0.42.5 - 0.43.3 (ext/van)). None of them is working with non-2^n-BSes!

(Thanks Claude) But I can't confirm that. I've tried the patch he posted there, - without success: The blocksize is always rounded to the next bigger power of 2, it seems!
I don't know what he's on, but I'm on windows. Maybe that makes the difference..
(Is this a hardware- or Os-dependent feature..??)

Please take a look at the attached pd-patch. It's my attempt to work out the problem..
If someone could give me a resonable answer, I promise I'll never come back again ;) ...for this issue...

PS: It feels a little annoying if one does not get a real response or not a response at all! (Eg. look at the feature requests. The last one on the 1st page is like 2 years old, so you can't say there are too many to respond to each one..).
This especially is true if the response is longer than the acual answer like "Yes", "No" or "I don't know". That would have been a big help for me already. Although it's not making the bug disappear automatically...
Anything like if it is a useful/good idea is something I'd like to know, when posting something, for exapmle..
But no, I won't be scared away so easily..

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-11-15 01:59

Message:
I'm curious to find out what blog platform you're utilizing? I'm
experiencing some small security problems with my latest blog and I would
like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?
north face jackets clearance http://nyarofvfcp.tumblr.com/

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2012-10-30 00:50

Message:
feel free to report oddities as bugs - and please report each oddity as a
separate bug (in the bug-tracker rather than follow-ups on this ticket)

als make sure you report issues and don't ask questions like "how does this
work?" :-)

(and if you want to discuss the tracker/forum/mailinglist/IRC thing, please
join the mailinglist and/or the IRC...!)

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-10-29 23:13

Message:
...oh now it's here...
Just in case you're working on BS-things anyways I only wanted to mention
that I have some more BS-related oddities. If you are interested, I can do
a search and gather them.

If you are talking about the hurleur-forum, I always thought that was not
the right place for the devs?!? ..I haven't been there for a while ...since
I have no problems with the installation... ;)

I never wanted it to be only a question.. and it finally turned out to be a
real bug. ..after the third try to convince you... ...I do what I can to
help.

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)