[PD-dev] clearing out "old" build system

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 18 20:42:45 CET 2012

To Pd developers -

I'm finally gearing up to clean out the "old build system" which, I believe,
will entail removing these files from pd/src:

config.h.in
configure
configure.in
install-sh
makefile.clean
makefile.dependencies
makefile.in

... any objections? (i.e. is anyone but me still using this who can't
move forward to the "new' system (cd pd; autogen.sh; ./configure;
make) ?

I'm planning on leaving makefile.nt and makefile.mingw around for luddites,
and also will probably supply a makefile.gnu as a fallback for when,
I predict inevitably, the "new build system" crumbles under its own weight.

cheers
Miller