[PD-dev] can't seem to get new build system to work

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 22 04:31:07 CET 2012

To pd-dev -

I might be missing something... under Fedora 17 (the newest I believe), when
I try to build Pd using the "new build system" I get:

[msp at fuzz pd]$ ./autogen.sh
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4/generated -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: creating directory m4/config
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.ac:91: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:92: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:93: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:114: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIBM
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
[msp at fuzz pd]$

This is off a clean git checkout.  Are there build-system patches out there
that I should be applying first, or anyway, what am I missing?

thanks
Miller