[PD-dev] UTF-8 problems on Windows

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:37:48 CET 2012

Hi Hans

I probably have nothing useful to add, but just last week I got a report
from someone using a patch of mine on Windows, experiencing troubles
with opening certain sound files. It turned out, that it was also
related to non-ASCII characters in the name of those files. Pd didn't
crash, though, but the sound files didn't load. I hadn't have the
opportunity to look at it myself yet (no access to a win comp), but I'm
glad to see it confirmed. I'd be happy to see it fixed, though probably
my only contribution would be limited to testing.

Roman