[PD-dev] renaming Browser2.0 back to Search for Pd-extended 0.43.4

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Dec 20 18:37:35 CET 2012

Hey Jonathan,

I would like to rename the Help menu name for your search plugin from Browser2.0 back to Search.  I'll do this just in the Pd-extended 0.43 branch, so it won't touch your code in trunk.

I think it'll be much easier for people to understand as "Search" than Browser2.0.  "Browser" is such a vague term anyway, and in the context of Pd, I think it'll make people think of the weird old help browser.  I'd say its better to avoid associating your search-plugin with that thing since the search-plugin is really a full-fledged help system.

That reminds me, how about doing a screencast all about how to use the search plugin?