[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3599058 ] unauthorized/grid bug when in a GOP of an abstraction

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 1 01:43:46 CET 2013

Bugs item #3599058, was opened at 2012-12-31 16:43
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by po-b
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3599058&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: v0.43

Initial Comment:
I have some abstractions which have an unauthorized/grid in a GOP. I change the colour at start up with a message triggered by [initbang]

If I create the abstraction in a new patch, it creates fine but the object is visible in the parent patch and will disappear after moving the abstraction in the parent patch.
But the parent patch will not load once the patch has been saved with such an abstraction.

console output for example patch1:

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x675f00.c"
    while executing
".x675f00.c delete 6990b8GRID"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"

If I create a subpatch with no GOP (example 2) it loads with an other error message:

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x699530.c"
    while executing
".x699530.c delete 67b460GRID"
    ("uplevel" body line 7)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"

The same patch but with a GOP starts fine (example 4) and a patch with no subpatch or abstraction works fine too.

Windows 7 (64bit), Pd extended final RC (2012 12 31) 32bit