[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-3589133 ] Patcher windows always open on "primary" monitor

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 2 10:18:26 CET 2013

Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by zmoelnig
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=3589133&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Pd version tested with: 0.43.3 Vanilla

Steps to reproduce:

- connect a second monitor
- open Pd
- create a new patch and move it to the second monitor
- create a subpatch

Expected behaviour:

- the subpatch window opens on the same monitor as the parent patch

Actual behaviour:

- the subpatch window opens on the primary monitor

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-12-31 16:25

Message:
301 Moved Permanently I was suggested this website by my cousin. I am not
sure whether this post is written by him as no one else know such detailed
about my problem. You are incredible! Thanks! your article about 301 Moved
Permanently Best Regards Rolf Veronica
[url=http://noimi.com/blogs/viewstory/83095]Bridal gown[/url]

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-12-30 08:01

Message:
I must say, as very much as I enjoyed reading what you had to say, I
couldnt help but lose interest after a while. Its as if you had a great
grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers.
Perhaps you should think about this from additional than one angle. Or
maybe you shouldnt generalise so significantly. Its better if you think
about what others may have to say instead of just heading for a gut
reaction to the subject. Think about adjusting your own believed process
and giving others who may read this the benefit of the doubt.
Proper">Selecting Proper</a>

Comment By: Miller Puckette (millerpuckette)
Date: 2012-12-15 15:04

Message:
I didn't see the need to place the wondw over the object (patch number 2)
but applied the
first one to vanilla.  Will mark this 'pending' pending...

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2012-12-14 18:36

Message:
The code was just always placing the new subpatch windows in the top left
corner of the main screen. I did two things in Pd-extended:

1. made the window placement logic aware of the full desktop size, not just
the main screen
http://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=pure-data/pd-extended.git;a=commit;h=7aaff3ff446a394dccc1f9190ed48e8f9e1e0dee

2. made the window of new subpatches open near where the object was
placed.
http://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=pure-data/pd-extended.git;a=commit;h=b95886ccd619d6141a62608f11fda8999ea0a686