[PD-dev] from t_symbol to t_class

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 06:16:27 CET 2013

Hi list,
     Since matju couldn't find a way to do this without patching Pd I doubt it's possible, but I want to ask anyway:

[symbol clip(

[classinfo] <-- spits out a list of methods, or other class attributes, etc.

I can check if clip exists using zgetfn

I can get a function pointer to clip_new using zgetfn

I assume I can assign t_object *instance using my function pointer to
clip_new that I got from zgetfn, but since I short circuited the normal
way of creating the object I have no way of knowing what kind of args
to send it, so it seems like I'm likely to crash.

Is there really no way to inspect class "foo" given symbol
foo and proof from zgetfn that "foo" exists?

-Jonathan