[PD-dev] sysex/midiin and port numbers

Peter Brinkmann peter.brinkmann at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:58:41 CET 2013

Hi,
I've been revisiting the MIDI support of libpd, and I noticed that the
functions inmidi_byte and inmidi_sysex add one to the port number before
passing the message on to the midiin/sysexin object. Is this the desired
behavior? If so, why? If not, is it too late to change it?

I also don't understand the output I'm getting from my Korg nanoKey: If I
push a key on the keyboard, then [notein] outputs MIDI events for channel
1, while [midiin] outputs bytes for port 2. How to channel numbers and port
numbers fit together?
Thanks,
     Peter