[PD-dev] from t_symbol to t_class

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 00:04:09 CET 2013

>________________________________

[..]

>>>In C would I just make a struct with fields of t_symbol,
>>>
>>>t_class, and a pointer to link to the next one?
>>

>>Yeah, a linked list would work fine, probably not as efficient as the c++ hash structure (but lots easier to maintain).  One nit-to-pick:  Use a t_class pointer, which is a t_pd.

Hm... since the code to add new classes to the list will probably
end up looking exactly like the code to add symbols to the
symbol table, what if I just bloat the _symbol struct by adding
a t_class *s_class?  Would that affect performance?

Then searching for an existing class would be easy-- just do
a gensym and check if its s_class exists.

-Jonathan