[PD-dev] Question about error in external

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Fri Jan 18 19:29:42 CET 2013

On 18.01.2013 16:32, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On 01/18/2013 06:33 AM, IOhannes zmölnig wrote:
>> On 01/18/2013 10:41 AM, Thomas Mayer wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> while I am working on PuREST JSON, I have gotten an interesting error,
>>> but only on Windows:
>>>
>>> Two of my objects do not load correctly with the message:
>>>
>>> load_object: Symbol "rest_setup" not found
>>>
>>> On Linux, this works without any problems, as do the other objects in
>>> Windows.
>>>
>>> What is different with [rest] and [oauth] objects? Both are using a lot
>>
>> on w32 you have to explictely export symbols from a dll, in order to be able
>> to use them from another dll (e.g. pd).
>> either with  the "/export" linker-flag or with the __declspec(dllexport)
>> attribute.
>
> I think MinGW handles this for you, which compiler are you using on Windows?

I am using MinGW (actually MXE for cross compilation on Linux), but
there seems to be a problem with including libcurl as a static library
via -DCURL_STATICLIB.

With explicitely exporting the symbols for Windows, the problem is
solved, and the dll are loaded correctly.

Thanks,
Thomas
--
"Ich komme aus dem Staunen nicht heraus."
"Dann bleib halt drin, du Seppel"