[PD-dev] no more 'patch_series' branch for pd-extended.git

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Feb 1 17:28:47 CET 2013

I've decided to stop using the 'patch_series' branch in the pd-extended.git
and switch to a straightforward 'master' branch as the place where everything
happens.  The 'patch_series' branch worked well when Pd-extended was a set of
patches against Pd-vanilla, but that is less and less the case.

For example, there is no 'extra' objects in Pd-extended, instead that is
treated as the 'extra' library which is in pure-data SVN.  Its just a straight
copy of the pd-vanilla extra objects with a build system like the library
template.

As Jonathan continues to work on his versions of the doc/2.control.examples,
doc/3.audio.examples, etc. those will be removed from pd-extended.git and
Pd-extended will use Jonathan's versions.

Once I get a workable system for making a complete 'vanilla' library, then
that stuff will be removed from pd-extended.git

So in summary, it means that Pd-extended will track the core of Pd-vanilla
within git, but the objects, extra, doc, etc. will be spun out to be tracked
separately.  I think that'll greatly smooth out the development process.